CaSE has published its representation ahead of the the Government's Autumn Budget 2018
The representation sets out a series of recommendations:
- Set out the long-term budget for the public portion of investment up to 2027 in line with the ambition for R&D investment to reach 2.4% of GDP.
- Create a vision for what reaching the 2.4% target will achieve and a roadmap for delivery with Cabinet level buy-in and accountability across Government.
- Implement the recommendations from the Connell Review of SBRI commissioned by Government.
- Create a digital ‘shop window’ for UK innovation support.
- Allocate sufficient resource within government to ensure the volume of applications for schemes such as the R&D tax credit and EIS can be processed with appropriate support to companies to remove functional disincentives.
- Following a positive pilot, and subject to evaluation, increase the scale of the Innovate UK investment accelerator and increase the number of funds involved.
- Following a positive pilot, and subject to evaluation, introduce Innovate UK loans to fill the gap in innovation support alongside continuing grant funding.