Read CaSE’s response to the House of Lords Science and Technology Committee report on scientific infrastructure.
CaSE submission to the Lords Inquiry into Scientific Infrastructure
23 Nov 2013
Our response considers the questions:
- What role should the Government play in ensuring that there is an effective long-term strategy for meeting future scientific infrastructure needs?
- What impact has removing capital spend from the ring-fenced budget had on investment in scientific infrastructure and should the ring-fenced science budget be redefined to include an element of capital spend?
- If the current funding level is maintained or reduced, what would be the longer term impacts on scientific infrastructure in the UK?
- To what extent do funding structures in the UK help or hinder involvement in EU and international projects, and should the level of UK involvement be improved?
- What impact does publicly funded scientific infrastructure have in terms of supporting innovation and stimulating the UK’s economy?
The Office for National Statistics have released the latest business enterprise research and development data for the UK in 2022.
An unattributed summary of a roundtable organised by CaSE, sponsored by LifeArc, on Wednesday 13th December 2023.
An unattributed summary of a roundtable organised by CaSE at the White City Campus, Imperial College London, sponsored by LifeArc, on Thursday 7th December 2023.
DSIT released a series of announcements as it marked its first anniversary on 9th February 2024. Below we take a look at some of these updates.