We represent over 115 scientific organisations including businesses, universities, professional bodies, and research charities as well as individual scientists and engineers. Collectively our members employ over 336,000 people in the UK, and our industry and charity members invest around £32.2bn a year globally in R&D.
The Campaign for Science and Engineering (CaSE) is the UK’s leading independent advocate for science and engineering.
CaSE works to put science and engineering at the heart of the UK’s future.
We collaborate with our members, partners and the public to lend our clear, expert voice to decisions about science and engineering. By offering responsive and non-partisan solutions, we aim to help research and innovation thrive in a way that improves people’s lives and livelihoods.
We want science and engineering to serve the needs and aspirations of both the public and those working within the community
- Engage with new public audiences, including through the Discovery Decade project.
- Advocate for the UK to implement the skills, education and immigration systems needed to help people and innovative organisations to thrive.
- Champion a diverse and inclusive working environment across science and engineering.
We want science and engineering to secure the resources it needs and deploy this investment for everyone’s benefit
- Make a compelling case to secure high levels of investment in research and innovation.
- Scrutinise how investments are made, to deliver value for the tax-payer and a dynamic economy.
- Champion the role of science and engineering in improving people’s lives and livelihoods.
We want science and engineering to have its voice heard in public discourse, ensuring that political ambitions for the sector are matched by effective policy-making
- Engage with the full range of political decision-makers at national, devolved and local levels.
- Contribute our expert, evidence-based and non-partisan voice through the media.
- Use our influence to encourage and support effective political decision-making on issues relating to science and engineering.
We want science and engineering to be a community that continuously seeks new ways to collaborate towards a shared strategic vision
- Use our view across the research and innovation system to help our members consider their ambitions in a wider context and forge productive partnerships and allies.
- Champion under-represented or under-valued issues or parts of the sector.
- Convene and deliver a shared voice for the science and engineering sector at key moments.
We want science and engineering to thrive across all parts of the UK and benefit from diverse local strengths
- Champion the value and needs of science and engineering in all its locations.
- Maintain a vibrant and effective presence in the devolved nations and regions of England.
- Attract a diverse and balanced membership that represents the whole of the UK.