CaSE has published its representation ahead of the the Government’s Autumn Budget 2018
CaSE Autumn Budget 2018 representation
29 Oct 2018
The representation sets out a series of recommendations:
- Set out the long-term budget for the public portion of investment up to 2027 in line with the ambition for R&D investment to reach 2.4% of GDP.
- Create a vision for what reaching the 2.4% target will achieve and a roadmap for delivery with Cabinet level buy-in and accountability across Government.
- Implement the recommendations from the Connell Review of SBRI commissioned by Government.
- Create a digital ‘shop window’ for UK innovation support.
- Allocate sufficient resource within government to ensure the volume of applications for schemes such as the R&D tax credit and EIS can be processed with appropriate support to companies to remove functional disincentives.
- Following a positive pilot, and subject to evaluation, increase the scale of the Innovate UK investment accelerator and increase the number of funds involved.
- Following a positive pilot, and subject to evaluation, introduce Innovate UK loans to fill the gap in innovation support alongside continuing grant funding.
The Office for National Statistics have released the latest business enterprise research and development data for the UK in 2022.
Read CaSE’s representation to HM Treasury for Spring Budget 2024.
DSIT released a series of announcements as it marked its first anniversary on 9th February 2024. Below we take a look at some of these updates.
What does the 2023 Autumn Statement mean for research and innovation?